Featuring Chef Hans Korompis of The Market in Edmonds, WA
We join Chef Hans Korompis of The Market Fishmonger & Eatery in Edmonds, WA to prepare Singapore chili Golden King Crab. Take a look at the video! Chef Hans shares the recipe for the Singapore Chili sauce below.
Singapore Chili Sauce
4 cups tomato Ketchup
2 2/3 cups Sugar
2 TBSP Salt
4 ¼ TBSP Taucheo (Fermented Bean Paste)
4 TBSP Oil
13 cups Water, Seafood stock or Vegetable Stock
6 cups Shallots
2 ½ cups Garlic Cloves
30 Red Chilies
2 cups Candle Nuts
3 cups Galangal
5 cups Lime Juice
2 cups Belacan (Shrimp Paste)
12 stalks Lemongrass
- Add galangal, shallots, garlic, stalk lemongrass, candle nuts, red chilis, 3 cups of lime juice into a food processor and blend into a paste.
- Cook paste in Dutch oven or Rondo pan with oil, caramelizing well but not to the point of burning.
- Deglaze pan with remaining 2 cups of lime juice, scrap bottom of pan.
- Add salt, sugar, fermented bean paste, and ketchup.
- Bring heat down to simmer, add water/stock
- Reduce by ¼, taste, season more if needed