Just in from Harvesting Crab in Alaska
Co-Captain Anna is just returning from a busy season harvesting Golden King crab in the Aleutian Islands of Alaska. Back in her home Kitchen, she took a moment to share one of her favorite recipes for King crabs legs: King Crab Pasta Carbonara. Slightly sweeter and lighter than its Red King cousin, Golden King crab is the perfect choice for this dish. The video of the recipe is here at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sft5KWwpLlQ
More About Golden King Crab
Golden King crab is fished at great depths and is very difficult to catch. To learn more about Golden King Crab, watch our video https://youtu.be/7uu9IWkrZEk on the 2020 season or visit our blog https://keyportllc.com/alaska-golden-king-crab/
The Recipe: King Crab Carbonara
- 1/2-1 lb King crab
- 4 pieces bacon
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan/Romano
- 3/4 package of noodles (linguini, angel hair)
- 2 eggs + 2 egg yolks
- 1/2-3/4 cup hot water reserved from pasta water
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Italian parsley to garnish
- Chop and cook bacon in large pan, draining or blotting any excess fat.
- Next, add salt to boiling water and cook pasta until “al dente” following package instruction.
- Mix together 2 eggs + 2 egg yolks + Parmesan/Romano.
- Reserve 1 cup of pasta water prior to draining paste.
- Drain pasta and add to pan.
- Add egg/Parmesan mixture, stirring quickly /continuously.
- Add reserved pasta water to thin sauce to thin if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and then add the Golden King Crab leg meat.
- Garnish with Italian parsley and more Parmesan.
- Serve with salad and ENJOY!
Keyport is committed to delivering wild seafood at its greatest. Always wild-caught using responsible fishing practices, Keyport’s seafood products are available through the finest restaurants and retailers nationwide. Best-known for premium crab, our family-owned company is built upon five generations of innovation, long-standing supplier relationships and an unwavering passion and commitment to quality.